Category: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007

  • Dev VM Farm Notes

    Had a similar problem to this one, wherein the SharePoint Timer service appeared to be screwing around with my app pool settings for my SSP web application. Not entirely sure what caused it (because I wasn’t taking notes – trying to set this one up quickly) but I found the problem while trying to set […]

  • Various

    NOTE: Apparently I wrote this around early-August, but never posted it, so I posted it today after finding the draft in my WordPress. – Updated to WordPress 2.3.1. Apparently some security fixes as well as normal feature updates. Requires a DB upgrade, so be sure to hit that admin link to do the DB upgrade. […]

  • Alternate Access Mapping 2007 Research Links

    We must migrated from 2003 to 2007 this past weekend (Friday, actually), and now the mapping is causing problems for our MAC users, who can’t use UNC hostnames, but have to use full hostnames. So I’m doing some background research on the issue. Links: – – – – – – […]

  • Getting Partial and Complete Full Farm backups to restore properly on 2007

    This is my research today/this week, until I get it working and properly documented, at least on our configuation traking Wiki. Links: ITPRODSK-106: Microsoft Office SharePoint Disaster Recovery (recommend IE only): Colleagues have alluded to “The GUID Problem” wherein if you don’t take a site collection’s content database offline before restoring a copy of […]

  • SharePoint Developer Environments (Esp. 2007)

    About a year and a half ago, our petition at my current work site to create/use developer environments for SharePoint (then 2003) was punted, mostly because the requirements for dev environments are almost completely diametrically opposed to the various security and systems policies at this site. The detente when finally reached was that we could […]

  • Send to -> Other Location sort of works!

    (Woops, had to replace the images after pixelizing out all the identifying URL and ID information from the screenshots.) (Woops 2, apparently I have now broken the image attachments here, so maybe I have to do it all again, sigh. Will do so later – Short version is that IE7 seems to be able to […]

  • Interesting tidbit for getting your VPC-borne development environments to run properly

    This tip from Kevin Kelly (not of, btw, but my co-worker – Hi Kev!). Anyhow, if, like us, you need to do your development in a single-server installation that’s network-isolated (either SPS2003 or MOSS2007), you may have found that there are some issues when you install and try to use some SharePoint/Visual Studio features. […]

  • MOSS 2007 Site Definitions Links

    Am now doing research on how to make Site Definitions for MOSS 2007/WSS 3.0. The main reason to do this, is as far as I can now determine (this may change) still the same reason you made one for SPS 2003. You can use Site Templates (which are entirely different animals) within any particular top […]

  • Workflow dev in MOSS 2007/WSS 3.0

    I’m doing research into developing “simple” workflows in MOSS 2007/WSS 3.0. This is mostly a linkdump post, but I wanted to say that the “simple” workflow I have to work with (publishing documents from a private workspace/subsite to a public parent site, seemingly cannot be accomplished with SharePoint Designer 2007, which seems to be limited […]

  • Site Definition and Themes Customization Research Links

    I’m doing some research into Site Definitions and Themes in MOSS 2007/WSS 3.0. My goal: Determine how similar or different the mechanisms are from SPS 2003/WSS 2.0. Answer: looks pretty similar! Develop new custom site definitions and create upgrade definition files (Office SharePoint Server) Deploy upgrade definition files and new site definitions [Office SharePoint Server] […]